Enter your e-mail address below to get Musing Upchurch sent directly to your in-box!

Past Ponderings

Saturday, July 19, 2014

PONDERING... John 10:17-18

Brief Outline from Youth Lesson:

John 10:17-18  For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.  18  No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."

For this reason- Not the only reason, but we see here that the Father loves the Son because of His sacrifice for us!

Because I lay down my life/That I may take it up again- These two are inseparable. He laid down His life so that He could take it up again. These was not a purposeless sacrifice. He always intended that our salvation would be completed in Him.

No one takes it- This was never a "have to"; Jesus was under no obligation to save us. Missing this is missing His love. Obligatory duty can be done in a loving manner, but true love goes beyond obligation and often involves sacrifice. Jesus demonstrated this perfectly. He is love. 

I have authority/Charge from the Father- soveriegnty and submission

Ponder, pray, and propagate your perceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment