Enter your e-mail address below to get Musing Upchurch sent directly to your in-box!

Past Ponderings

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

PONDERING... Snow Day To Do

Ok, so this is going out to my youth, but all are welcome!

It's Wednesday. The roads are covered in ice... again. Which will result in no youth meeting. To help lessen this blow. Here's a little "semi-productive" snow day distraction! (I'm using precious "my kids are napping" time for this, so ENJOY! :D)


INSPIRATIONAL VIDEOS:

TIM HAWKINS ON SNOWFLAKES-



Ok... so not really about snowflakes, but enjoyable nonetheless!

INSPIRATIONAL VIDEO 2- This one made me want to play the cello! And for that reason only, I share it with you!



ENVIRONMENTAL SUGGESTIONS:
For the next segment, I'd like to recommend the following environmental suggestions.

SPOTIFY STATION TO CHECK OUT: Relient K Instrumental and Upbeat Jazz
It's a nice background station. Listen.


BEVERAGE? 
This is a hot tea kind of day. My choice? Today I've been mixing this peach brand with a nice black caffeinated.
 
Now I've weeded out the distractable. If you've made it this far, you win.


SOMETHING WORTH THINKING ABOUT:

The Bible tells us: "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things" (Philippians 4:8). Only God and His work fall into these categories. Take some time today to ponder the below-->

SCRIPTURE FOR TONIGHT-We would have been moving on to look ahead at Sunday evenings lesson. Here's a sneak peak:

" 31Therefore when he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now is the Son of Man glorified, and God is glorified in Him; 32if God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and will glorify Him immediately. 33“Little children, I am with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, now I also say to you, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’ 34“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:31-35)


Consider these:
1. What is God's Glory?
2. How is this different from man's glory? (That switch from proper to common was intentional.)
3. How could this be connected to Jesus' commandment in these verses to love?
4. Think about that commandment. In what way is it new? What does the clause "even as I have loved you"mean?




FURTHER PONDERINGS... ARTICLE(S) WORTH READING:<--Click this. It will take you to the first of a series of articles by Joe Carter on memorization. Here's a quote that sums it up pretty well:

"Memorization is an essential aspect of the stewardship of our imagination that has been all but lost. To help you recover this forgotten skill, we’ll cover the following topics in this short series (the dates in parentheses are projected publication dates):

Part #1 – How Memorization Feeds Your Imagination
Part #2 – How to Memorize (Almost) Anything
Part #3 – 4 Tips to Memorize (Almost) Anything
Part #4 – How to Memorize the Biblical Narrative (I)
Part #5 – How to Memorize the Biblical Narrative (II) (Tues., Mar. 3)"- Joe Carter


CLOSING THOUGHT:
Well...if you made it this far, congratulations! You get to watch me play with kids in the snow! 

Have a great day! Make wise decisions. AND remember to give God the Glory in all things---that includes snow days!



No comments:

Post a Comment