Enter your e-mail address below to get Musing Upchurch sent directly to your in-box!

Past Ponderings

Monday, June 22, 2015

PONDERING... John 14:28-31

John 14:28-31  You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.  29  And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe.  30  I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,  31  but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.

Love that Rejoices
28 "...If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father..."
-True love rejoices when one leaves a position of hardship for a position of grace. 
 
Side Note:-Father Greater than the Son? In circumstance not position (Heaven).

Love that Obeys
30  I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,  31  but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.
-Jesus' life of obedience is an example for us.


Side note: -Satan has no Claim? Again, Jesus is reminding His disciples that He is doing all of this willingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment